Caring for Your Home When the Weather Changes
Now that the weather is starting to cool down, it’s time to start thinking about how you can prepare your property for bad weather. When the temperature drastically drops from warm to cold, several areas of your space can be affected. One area that you may not immediately think about is actually the roof. Sudden temperature changes, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements that come with this weather can wreak havoc on your roofing structure. Make sure that everything can handle the potential changes with an inspection. While it may not seem like much, a roof inspection in Alpharetta, GA can be incredibly advantageous. To learn more, connect with Vision Roofing LLC by calling (404) 410-1060.
When to Get a Roof Inspection and Why
How often should you have an inspection scheduled for your roof? Generally speaking, you should have the structure checked and examined at least once a year. If possible, having it done twice a year is even better, but once is enough. Why get a roof inspection? Doing so will help to protect and extend the life of the structure. Both residential and commercial roofs go through quite a bit every single day. They are consistently exposed to sun, wind, rain, smoke, grease, chemicals, and more. If you are not regularly checking the structure for damages or problems, then you’ll find it will fail much sooner than it should. Most roofs have a life-span between 20 and 25 years. When you neglect to take care of it, you’ll find that it might fail several years before it should.
While you can go online and search how to do a roof inspection, your best bet is to rely on the professionals. Just like when you need heating maintenance in Bonaire, GA, you’ll experience the best results when you rely on the experts. For professional and expert roof inspections in your area, look no further than Vision Roofing LLC. Let us start helping you today.
Benefits of a Roof Inspection
Why get a roof inspection at all? If there are no obvious signs of damage, everything should be fine, right? That’s the general idea most property owners have when it comes to their roofs. Unfortunately, this mindset can lead to some pretty significant problems. Having your roof inspected regularly will provide many, much-needed advantages that you may not be aware of.
- Detect Damage: A great benefit with inspections is finding and preventing roof damage. When you are regularly checking the structure and the materials, you’ll be able to spot leaks, mold, problems, and much more. You’ll also be able to prevent future damage as well.
- Cost-Effective: Believe it or not, inspections are much more cost-effective than you may realize. While with some contractors, an inspection may run you a few bucks, it is much less in comparison to roof repair or roof replacement services. Those can run you well into the thousands of dollars, easily.
- Life Extension: With regular inspections, as mentioned, you’ll find and prevent possible damages. By finding, repairing, and maintaining this structure, you’ll find that it really will last longer.
- Insurance Booster: If there has been any damage to your roof, having a detailed roof inspection before filing an insurance claim will be very beneficial. You’ll have a good amount of information to provide them with detailed information and move the process along faster.
Whether you need asphalt shingle replacement or nothing at all, a roof inspection will give you a whole host of information that you can use to your advantage. Always make sure you are working with a company that will provide you a certified inspection report. What is a certified roof inspection report? It’s a detailed description of your structure, by a licensed contractor, stating it meets specific standards and guidelines. At Vision Roofing LLC, we can offer you a certified roof inspection in Alpharetta, GA.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in a roof inspection?
- What’s included is a breakdown of the overall condition of your roofing structure. Most reports look at four major areas: structures, interiors, materials, and workmanship. This will give you an idea of what is needed for your roof.
- What should I look for when inspecting a new roof?
- There is a lot to look for on a new roof, however, there are a few key areas to pay attention to. Look for any shingles that may be bent or pulling away from the base. Look at seams and seals, check that there is no cracking or peeling.
- How long does a roof inspection take?
- It will depend on how large your roof is, but on average, roof inspections can last between 45 minutes and several hours. Don’t be alarmed if it takes longer than an hour. A good inspection will take a while to compile a thorough report.
- How do you know if your roof is damaged?
- You’ll know your roof is damaged based on a few different signs. One of the most obvious signs is loose granules. These may be found piled up in the gutters. Another obvious sign is missing, cracked, or bubbling shingles.
- How often do you need to get a roof inspection?
- It’s a good idea to have your roof inspected at least once a year. If possible, twice a year. Doing so will provide you a clear understanding of the condition of your roofing structure. Additionally, you’ll be able to stay on top of problems and avoid costly repair or replacement needs.
Connect With Us Today for an Appointment
Rely on Vision Roofing LLC to help with a roof inspection in Alpharetta, GA. Dial (404) 410-1060 to get started.